If you add a minimum stay requirement to an existing rate (for example, to offer a discounted rate for longer stays), the price shown to the customer on your public booking screen will be the best price matching their stay requirements.
If you no longer wish to offer a minimum stay requirement, you can remove it at any time.
Tip - When you add a minimum stay requirement to an existing rate, the rate's Marketing Name will remain the same. You may want to change it so that any customer making a booking on your public booking screen is aware that it is a better rate.
There are 2 ways in which you can add a new minimum stay requirement to an existing rate
By selecting the New min stay option in your menu By adding it on the Rates & Min Stays calendar or the rate's Pricing tab
Hover over the number that represents a current night stay rate in the iBex rate name cell that you want to add the new minimum night stay rate to (as shown below) and a pop up will appear with an option to Add a New Min Stay.
This step is not relevant if you have selected the New min stay option in your menu.
Click on the Add New Min Stay option and a Add New Min Stay pop up will appear
- Check that the iBex Rate name is the one that you want to add the new minimum night stay rate to
- Enter the New Min Stay that will be required to use this rate
- Enter the Date Range you want this new minimum night stay rate to be valid for
- Enter the Base price that you want to charge and any additional person price that you want to charge (if applicable)
- Click the Add button
- iBex will confirm that the new rate has been added so you can now Close the pop up.
You will now see that the new minimum night stay price is displayed on the calendar.
- If you want the calendar to show the dates that you are changing, just select the day before in the mini calendar on the right. After the changes have been saved and you have closed the pop up, you’ll then see the old and new prices on the calendar.
- Once you have selected a period longer than a week (which is not set to indefinitely), the days of the week appear so that you can set prices for specific days of the week in the date range set. This would allow you to enter a multiple night rate just for weekends.
- If you want to remove the availability row, this can be done in your Screen Options.