You can add as many Selling Groups as you require. When you register a company, an agent or a sales channel in your iBex account, you will need to register them to one of your Selling Groups (with the Default selling group being Main).
Only the room types and rates mapped/assigned to the Selling Group can be used or selected by the companies or sales channels that are registered to that selling group.
- Select New Selling group in the menu (in the Selling Groups section)
- Fill in the details as required (please see the information below to explain each field)
- Save the Selling Group details by selecting Add Selling Group
- Assign the room types and rates that you want this selling group to be able to use/select
- Save Mapping
- Assign any Extra’s that you want this selling group to be able to use/select
- Save Extra’s Mapping
- New Selling Group Details
- General – Enter your Selling Group name (for example, Regular Companies, Sales Channels, OTA’s, etc)
Rate Modifiers – Here you can set the values for this Selling Group so whenever you set a company/agent a Rate Value within this selling group, it will follow these rules.
For example, if you set Rate 2 as -5% and Company X to use the Rate Value Index 2, every time that company makes a booking, the suggested price would be 5% less than the rates loaded in your system (ie so 5% less than your own rates).
Once you have completed the above fields, click the Save Selling Group button.
After saving a new Selling Group, 2 more tabs will appear that you must complete in order for any companies or Sales channels registered to that Selling Group to be able to make any bookings.
This screen governs what Room Types can be booked by this Selling Group and what rates it can use for that room type.
Simply tick the cells that represent the room types and rates that you want this Selling Group to be able to use and click Save Mapping.
TIP -You can select multiple rates for the same room type and multiple room types for the same rates.
This screen governs what registered Extras can be booked by this Selling Group. Simply select the extra's that you want this Selling Group to be able to book and click the Save Extras Mapping button at the bottom of the screen.
You will now be able to add companies and Sales Channels to that selling group and once registered to that group, iBex will list them in the appropriate sections shown in the bottom of the Details tab for that selling group and also advise if their rates are any different to Rate Value